Univera Healthcare's Fun 2B Fit Program fact sheet
- Univera Healthcare's Fun 2B Fit is a school-based, healthy lifestyle initiative focusing on increased physical activity and healthy food choices for students and their families.
- The Fun 2B Fit program is being offered to schools in the Western New York area after a successful pilot program was conducted January 2005.
- The Fun 2B Fit program was created by Univera Healthcare to combat childhood obesity and is based on recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and the American Academy of Pediatrics.
- Fun 2B Fit engages second, third, and fourth
- Second graders participate in taste testings where students sample one healthy Fun 2B Fit recipe in their school cafeteria each week for 12 weeks.
- For third grade, Fun 2B Fit offers a physical activity lesson entitled "Why it's Fun 2B Fit" that includes a 30-minute workout developed especially for kids that incorporates easy, fun dance moves and stretches.
- Fun 2B Fit also offers a component designed specifically for fourth graders, which involves a shopping and food preparation "field trip" to a local Wegmans store for the student and their parents.
- 14,000 students at 55 schools in Western New York have participated.
- Univera Healthcare's Fun 2B Fit has been honored with numerous awards and honors (a complete awards list is available on the Fun 2B Fit Web site Newsroom).
- Fun 2B Fit program partners include Wegmans Food Markets, Inc., Body Shaping By Sandy, the Healthy Community Alliance, and Lifetime Health Medical Group.
- To schedule the program at your school, contact us at 716-857-6273 or email@example.com.