At Univera Healthcare, we know how important your privacy is to you. Whether you are a current customer or just visiting our Web site, we are committed to protecting the personal information you provide just as we are committed to protecting your personal information when you provide it to us over the phone, in person or through the mail.
The purpose of this policy is to inform you of our information gathering and dissemination practices for this Web site, as well as handling of various situations related to privacy and confidentiality, including those involving requests for health information about persons covered under our benefit plans.
- Collection of Personally Identifiable Information -
Univera Healthcare may collect the e-mail addresses of visitors that communicate with us via e-mail; information provided by the visitor in online forums, registration forms, surveys, e-mail messages, and other online avenues (including demographic and personal profile data); and visitor-specific information about the pages on this site that our visitors access.
- Collection of Non-Personally Identifiable Information -
Univera may collect the home server domain names, search engine used, Web browser, date and time of the visit, and aggregate information about the pages on this site that our visitors access.
- How We Use the Information -
Personally Identifiable Information collected when you visit this Web site will not be shared with or otherwise disclosed to anyone outside the Univera Healthcare family of companies without the consent of the person(s) authorized to permit us to do so, unless we are required to disclose the information by law, regulation or court order. Personally Identifiable Information you provide to us via this web site will only be used for the express purpose of your disclosure to us, unless as otherwise described herein.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information collected when you use this Web site may be used for internal review purposes in the aggregate, including measuring and monitoring the use of our Web Site, diagnosing problems with our server, and administering our Web site.
- General Non-Confidentiality of Information Transmitted Via the Internet -
Univera Healthcare has implemented security features to help prevent the unauthorized release of or access to personal information that has been received via this Web site. Please be advised, however, that the confidentiality of any communication, information or other material transmitted to or from Univera Healthcare via this site or e-mail cannot be guaranteed. Accordingly, Univera is not responsible for the security or confidentiality of information being transmitted via the Internet, the World Wide Web or other global computer networks.
- Univera's Right to Contact User -
Univera may contact site visitors who provide us with personally identifiable information regarding account status and changes to the subscriber agreement, privacy statement, or any other policies or agreements relevant to site visitors.
- Protecting Children Online - We are committed to protecting the privacy and security of all of our customers, including minors who are enrolled in our insurance plans. Children under the age of 13 can access our Web sites as guests. If they wish to use features on our Web sites, we require that they do so with the permission of their legal guardian. We will not knowingly collect or use any personal information regarding a user under the age of 13 without the consent of a parent or legal guardian.
- What is Personally Identifiable Information?
It is any information that could be used to identify you. For example, your name, address or identification number.
We collect two types of Personally Identifiable Information about our customers:
A. Nonpublic Personal Information - This is information you give us on your enrollment form, claim forms, premium payments and other ways. It includes for example: names, account numbers, e-mail address, type of health care benefits and payment amounts.
B. Protected Health Information - This is information that you or your health care provider sends to us to process your claim. This includes diagnoses and type of services you receive from your health care provider.
- How Does Univera Healthcare use your Personally Identifiable Information?
We use this information to administer health care benefits and for our health care operations. For example:
- decide claim payment by asking you and/or your health care provider(s) for necessary information about services, or treatment;
- work with other insurers to decide coverage;
- bill for premiums which may include looking at your claim history;
- answer customer and provider questions about benefits, enrollment and claims;
- monitor quality of care and service to our customers which may include case management, and
- perform utilization and cost containment review activities.
- Who Has Access To My Personally Identifiable Information?
Authorized employees at Univera Healthcare may access your information to administer benefits. All of our employees must sign an agreement to follow our Code of Business Conduct that includes our confidentiality policy.
We may work with other companies to help us conduct our business. We are required by law to sign an agreement with these other companies that prohibits them from using or giving out information for any reason other than the purpose of the contract. For example we may contract with:
- benefits management companies for paying claims;
- health care provider groups to assess quality and cost containment;
- print or mail services for customer communications and surveys;
- audit or consulting firms for validating the integrity of our processes; and
- state and federal agencies as required by law.
- How is my Personally Identifiable Information protected?
It is our policy to keep all information about you confidential. It is so important to us that we take the following steps:
- our employees sign an agreement to follow our Code of Business Conduct;
- we have a privacy oversight committee that reviews our privacy practices;
- we have a security coordinator to detect and prevent security breaches;
- all computer systems that contain personal information have security protections; and
- we check provider offices to ensure that medical records are kept in secure locations.
If you have any questions or concerns about this privacy notice please contact us at:
Attn. Privacy Officer
205 Park Club Lane
Buffalo, NY 14221